- Local News
Summitville is facing a deficit after counting on wheel tax revenue to pay for improvements including new paving, sidewalks and a bike lane.
County cities and towns ready to resume road maintenance
Madison County municipal officials are feeling a sense of relief following the County Council’s reinstatement of the excise surtax and wheel tax earlier this week.
- St. Vincent says it will eliminate some employees, contract associates
- Cat may have caused Chesterfield house fire
- Second drag racing suspect pleads guilty
- Police: Wanted man left accident scene, resisted, used drugs
- County cities and towns ready to resume road maintenance
Tim Barber qualifies for the Pay Less Little 500 at the Anderson Speedway on Thursday.
Helberg nabs Little 500 pole
Following a rain shower and cooler than normal May temperatures, drivers were having problems finding grip around Anderson Speedway on pole day qualifying Thursday for the Pay Less Little 500.
California driver JoJo Helberg went out early in the qualifying session and captured the first Little 500 pole of his career with a four-lap average speed of 80.56 mph and the quick lap of the day at 81.17 mph.
- Family affair in Lapel sectional
- Trio leads area at boys regional
- Wilson drives Tribe into semifinals
- Mike Lopresti: Welcome to the NBA spotlight, coach
- Helberg nabs Little 500 pole
Casey James, who hails from Henderson, Ky., was among the nine semifinalists at the Hoosier Park Idol All-In competition. The winner will be named Saturday night.
Singers vie for Idol All-In prize
Indiana’s got talent. There was no doubt about that on May 16 when Hoosier Park hosted the semifinal competition of its Idol All-In contest. Nine people made it to the semifinals, all vying for a $2,500 cash prize, plus a studio recording session and a gig at Hoosier Park. Three are now left to battle it out Saturday.
- Community Briefs: May 24
- Live music: May 24
- Singers vie for Idol All-In prize