- Local News
A woman carries a child through a field near the collapsed Plaza Towers Elementary School in Moore, Okla., Monday, May 20, 2013.
Oklahoma family with Anderson ties OK after tornado
Telly Hogue-Rinker’s aunt and uncle, Becky and Dustin Smith, just recently sold their house in Shawnee, Okla., and bought one in Moore. The couple is from Anderson and had moved to Oklahoma after retiring. Now, they don’t know if that house is still standing.
- Madison County reinstates wheel tax in split vote
- Anderson High School students share vision for new downtown mall
- APA hosting Senior Girls Luncheon
- St. Vincent to dedicate remodeled chapel
- Oklahoma family with Anderson ties OK after tornado
Jordan Dean lays down a perfect bunt for the Lady Arabians.
Arabians follow Vellinga's lead
If the student-athletes who took the field in Monday night’s sectional softball action needed a bit of motivation, they could have looked to pitcher’s circle at Legends Field where Andrea Vellinga stood and threw out the ceremonial first pitch.
Pendleton Heights battled Richmond in the opening game, as the Arabians ran past the Red Devils 10-0 in five innings. Game 2 featured Anderson and New Castle, with the Indians getting trounced 10-1.
- Bulldogs outslug Raiders in Class 2A thriller
- McKnight dominates Supermods at Anderson Speedway
- George Bremer: All the news that fits
- Bosh aiming to be impactful against Pacers
- Arabians follow Vellinga's lead
Graham Longnaker skipped the presents for his 11th birthday on April 26. Instead he asked for donations for the Madison County Humane Society. Lauren Caldwell of the Humane Society, left, accepted the donations delivered by Graham, right, and his mom, Amber.
Editorial: AU softball team did university, community proud
During the Anderson University softball team's run to the final eight in the NCAA Division III tournament, the Ravens played quality softball with high-quality individuals, and they did it while brandishing the Anderson name. Whenever the city is associated with high-quality and successful people, it’s always a positive accomplishment.
- Letter: Major flaws found in reservoir proposal
- Letter: Obama should follow Constitution
- Editorial: AU softball team did university, community proud
Obituaries: May 21
Obituaries for Terry D. Breeden, Leslie D. Garrison, Deloris M. Hunt, Glenna Jenkins, Mary Ann Moore, B. Pauline Nodine, Mary Kaye Spillman, Gerald Dwaine Trueblood, Elizabeth Jean White and Dephra Jean Wooten are published in the Tuesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Pending obituary: May 21
- Funerals: May 21
- Terry D. Breeden
- Leslie D. ‘Dale’ Garrison
- Obituaries: May 21