Friday, Feb. 8
Indy Winter Classic Dog Show, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. today, Saturday and Sunday, West Pavilion, Indiana State Fairgrounds, Indianapolis. Admission, $7 for adults and children under 12 admitted free.
54th annual O’Reilly Auto Parts World of Wheels, Champions Pavilion, Marsh Blue Ribbon Pavilion and South Pavilion, Indiana State Fairgrounds, Indianapolis; 5-10 p.m. tonight; 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday; and 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday; Admission, $15 for adults, and $5 for children 60-12. Children under five, admitted free.
Saturday, Feb. 9
Valentine’s Day tea and parlor games, 1 p.m., Mounds State Park, Anderson.
Open Arms Skate to benefit Alternatives Inc., hosted by East Central Roller Derby, 5-7 p.m., Anderson Roll Arena, 2711 Broadway, Anderson.
Benefit concert featuring three local singing groups, 7 p.m., Park Place Church of God, 501 College Drive, Anderson. Hosted by Children of Promise.
Anderson Symphony Orchestra concert, “Legends, Rituals and Folklore,” featuring ASO percussion section, 7:30 p.m., Paramount Theatre, 1124 Meridian Plaza, Anderson.
Sunday, Feb. 10
Black History Celebration, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Mount Pilgrim Children’s Church, 615 Henry St., Anderson. Hosted by the Children’s Church.
Friday, Feb. 8
Team Blake wins 'Voice' for third straight year
LOS ANGELES -- Danielle Bradbery was crowned the winner of The Voice Season 4 Tuesday night at Universal Studios. Bradbery, the 16-year-old country artist from Texas had never had a vocal lesson before "The Voice."
Actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy at age 51
James Gandolfini, whose portrayal of a brutal, emotionally delicate crime boss in HBO's "The Sopranos" was the brilliant center of one of TV's greatest drama series and turned the mobster stereotype on its head, died Wednesday in Italy. He was 51.
- June 27 fundraiser to help save Athletic Pool Onward Alliance and UAW locals 662, 663 and 1963 will be holding a lunch fundraiser to save the Athletic Pool.
- Record-fundraising effort headlines Children's Clinic Classic The team of Fox 59 chief meteorologist Brian Wilkes, along with Dave Redlin, Tommy Niemier, Johnny Kirkwood and Steve Hart, may have taken the first-place title at the 29th annual Children’s Clinic Classic at Anderson Country Club Tuesday, but the kids helped by the clinic were the real winners this year.
Netflix cuts original TV deal with DreamWorks
Netflix announced a deal on Monday to air television programming from Dreamworks Animation in what the company described as its biggest transaction ever for original first-run content.
Davidson, Tom win lead acting Daytime Emmys
"Days of Our Lives" won drama series honors for just the second time in 40 years at the Daytime Emmys in a rough-hewn ceremony that included more upsets and an envelope mix-up on Sunday night.
Miss Connecticut wins Miss USA contest in Vegas
A 25-year-old contestant from Connecticut won the title of Miss USA in Las Vegas on Sunday night.
- Flynnville Train to kick off Summer Stage Fest Grab your cowboy hat and boots for a night of country music fun in Minnetrista’s backyard.
- Friends of Mounds ready for Bronnenberg open house With an eye on creating a historical experience, the Friends of Mounds State Park have been restoring the Bronnenberg House since 2005.
- Fairgrounds Coliseum seats available for public purchase The public has a chance to own a piece of Fairgrounds Coliseum history — 100 pairs of the building's original seats are up for sale.
- More Entertainment Headlines
- Team Blake wins 'Voice' for third straight year