ANDERSON, Ind. — Warming up today in central Indiana with temperatures around our average high of 52 degrees. Some sunshine is expected too. A few rain showers return to the forecast for Saturday morning with highs in the lower 40s. Sunday is cooler with highs in the lower 40s and mostly cloudy skies.
- Local News
- Record-fundraising effort headlines Children's Clinic Classic The team of Fox 59 chief meteorologist Brian Wilkes, along with Dave Redlin, Tommy Niemier, Johnny Kirkwood and Steve Hart, may have taken the first-place title at the 29th annual Children’s Clinic Classic at Anderson Country Club Tuesday, but the kids helped by the clinic were the real winners this year.
- Anderson mayor says southwest annexation back on the table Mayor Kevin Smith plans to resurrect the so-called southwest annexation that was part of an annexation plan rejected last winter by Anderson City Council.
Cleanup underway on Elwood mercury cache
Cleanup began Tuesday afternoon at a garage in Elwood where a large cache of highly volatile mercury was found Monday night.
- Police see sharper, more confident response to bomb threat County and city employees and officials received a rude awakening early Tuesday morning when they were ushered out of the Madison County Government Center and Anderson City Hall.
Man accused of kidnapping found guilty
It came down to credibility. And ultimately, Judge David Happe, who possessed the lone voice of decision, determined Jimmy Nave Jr.'s story was unbelievable.
Court lets $100,000 in Democrats' fines stand
House Democrats who had to pay more than $100,000 in fines after they walked out of the Indiana Statehouse two years ago won’t get the help they sought from the Indiana Supreme Court.
- Arrest Log: June 19 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday and Tuesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Plea deal announced for driver involved in man's death Ohio prosecutors announced a plea deal on Monday for a man accused of vehicular homicide in the 2011 death of a former Anderson man.
- What's Where: June 19 Local meetings and activities are scheduled for Wednesday, June 19.
Local and State Briefs: June 19
A compilation of local and state news briefs as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Local News Headlines