- Local News
Yellow cautionary tape cordons off a garage in the 2000 block of South I Street in Elwood on Monday evening after more than 20 ounces of mercury, a hazardous element, was found at the home by new homeowners.
Cleanup underway on Elwood mercury cache
Cleanup began Tuesday afternoon at a garage in Elwood where a large cache of highly volatile mercury was found Monday night.
- Man accused of kidnapping found guilty
- Plea deal announced for driver involved in man's death
- Court lets $100,000 in Democrats' fines stand
- Arrest Log: June 19
- Cleanup underway on Elwood mercury cache
Miami Heat shooting guard Ray Allen (34) shoots a three-point basket in the end of regulation during the second half of Game 6 of the NBA Finals against the San Antonio Spurs on Wednesday in Miami.
James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
LeBron James led a title-saving charge, and now his crown will be on the line one more time in Game 7.
- Butler's Clarke chasing NBA chance
- Surging Lind seeking All-Star support
- Ken de la Bastide: Top Street Stock event this Saturday
- Porter sends Miss. St. to 5-4 CWS win over Indiana
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
Community Briefs: June 19
A compilation of community news as published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Jim Bailey: A time to be Frank about imposing situational censorship
- Doggone good
- Community Briefs: June 19
Primus Mootry: Juneteenth an African-American celebration of freedom
For growing numbers of African Americans, today is Juneteenth, a day to celebrate the end of slavery and historical new beginnings as free citizens of the United States of America.
- Letter: Community has witnessed Dr. Campbell's good works
- Letter: Big Brother is listening; what is he learning?
- Primus Mootry: Juneteenth an African-American celebration of freedom
Obituaries: June 19
Obituaries, as published June 19 in The Herald Bulletin, for Gary Holder, Phyllis Koomler, Kenneth Corwin, Robert Van Renterghem, James MacLachlan, Paula Burkett, Donald Flynn and Harold Stephenson
- Funeral services
- Pending obituaries: June 19
- Paula W. Burkett
- Kenneth Schacker Corwin
- Obituaries: June 19